The Cyprus Association of Cleaning & Hygiene (CACH) was founded in September 2011 in Cyprus. CACH established to promote the development of the profession and improve its image towards the public through the provision of professional knowledge in the area of cleaning and hygiene in accordance with the European standards.
CACH was established to help:
1) Companies/organizations/services to follow the European standards, improve their cleaning and hygiene levels and achieve quality results.
2) Individuals to acquire professional knowledge and skills in the area of professional cleaning.
Since February 2012, Cyprus Association of Cleaning & Hygiene is officially member of the European Federation of Cleaning Industries (EFCI). The EFCI (European Federation of Cleaning Industries) established in 1988 unifies the representative national professional organisations of the cleaning industry.
The EFCI is the privileged interlocutor of the European Institutions regarding all questions related to the industry. Recognised as social partner by the European Commission, the EFCI defends the employers’ interests within the Social Affairs Committee towards its trade union partner, UNI-Europa.
The Secretariat is based in Brussels. Its fundamental missions are the following: Ensure the continuous monitoring of the activities of the European Institutions and the taking into account of the cleaning contractors’ interests in the frame of the elaboration of European policies and legislative texts (directives, regulations, etc.) that are of particular interest for the industry; Promote the development of professionalism; Ensure a better recognition of the profession and improve its image towards the interested public.
In the European Federation 19 other European countries are owned, which have their own associations and represent their members at national and European level. Cyprus is the 20th country that was introduced through the Association as a member of the EFCI.
The website and the information of the CACH are also posted in the official website of the European Federation of Cleaning Industries (www.feni.be).
European Federation of Cleaning Industries
The objectives of the Cyprus Association of Cleaning & Hygiene are to:
- Ensure that the cleaning and hygiene services in Cyprus meet the demands of service and quality standards.
- Promote vocational consolidation of the cleaning profession through the provision of professional training in the area of cleaning and hygiene according the European Standards.
- Develop quality systems in the areas of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Upgrade the recognition of the profession towards the public.
- Represent its members in national and European level.
- Inform its members about issues concerning: Existing legislations in the industry; changes in laws or new regulations; right cleaning practices and hygiene; effective practices in terms of decontamination and destruction of microbes; working with safety in order to reduce accidents and musculoskeletal disorders; protection of the environment through proper use of cleaning products, materials, energy, etc.
- Layout and implement a sustainable structure for education and training in order to reach a high European standard in the area of cleaning and hygiene in Cyprus.
- Develop a continuing dialogue with local and national authorities in Cyprus concerning issues of developing the service, cleaning and hygiene standards etc.
Members of the Cyprus Association of Cleaning and Hygiene can register:
Individuals, partnerships, companies, associations, foundations, semi-government organizations, etc.
Membership application /Annual subscription (subscription form)